[Gatesedge] Rita

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Tue Sep 20 18:01:39 PDT 2005

Well we are within the 3-day forecast cone now.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/205128.shtml?3day?large

Coastal areas are being evacuated.  Schools are closed starting tomorrow
and mandatory evacuations start tomorrow evening in Galveston County and
in Brazoria county south of FM2004.

Most all of my family lives in that area south of FM2004 so they are
heading here to our house by noon tomorrow.  If you leave voluntarily
before the mandatory evacuation then you get to choose your own route
and take pretty much what you want with you.  If you leave after
mandatory evacuations start then you are supposed to follow only
designated evacuation routes and take just bare essentials with ya.

I will have a house full of folks at least through Saturday morning
after the storm has passed and wont be making it to Elfsea.

Regards,

--
HL Eadric Anstapa
DSEM CA