[Gatesedge] Picked this up from one of the lists I monitor

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 13 18:44:38 PST 2006

On Dec 13, 2006, at 7:16 PM, Darlene Vandever wrote:

> Can you believe this one???
>
> http://news.aol.com/topnews/articles/_a/mom-sues-over-rejection-of-
> yearbook/20061213100409990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

The story was also picked up by MSNBC: <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/
16175420/>

I thought the last paragraph was particularly ironic: "The complaint
says there is nothing in the weapons policy that would apply to the
picture Agin submitted. It also says the weapons policy is
arbitrarily enforced, noting theatrical plays at the school have
included prop weapons and that the mascot — a patriot — is depicted
on school grounds and publications as carrying a weapon."

*shaking head*

And people in government wonder why "home schooling" is on the rise...

I wonder whether, in the future, they will allow stage fencing when
they produce (pretty much any of) Shakespeare's plays? That would, of
course, violate the "zero tolerance" policy as stated by the school's
spokes-pinhead... er, I mean, principal.

Michael