[Gatesedge] Tour Of Houston's Chinatown

Ciarnat Ciarnat at nww.net
Wed Jun 14 06:09:12 PDT 2006

Greetings Everyone,

      Please forgive the mundane topic of this note.

      This upcoming Saturday, (June 17, 2006), I will be meeting with all interested fellow SCAers to lead a "mini tour" of a few of the places in Houston's Chinatown (located at Beltway 8 and Bellaire Blvd.)  Being Chinese, I spend lots of time in the area, soaking up the culture of my ancestors.  We will explore some shops, and tour a giant Asian Super Market.  After all that fun, those that want to, will convene to a local Chinese restaurant for (my favorite part of the tour) for a fresh and tasty "Chinese- Dutch Treat" lunch.

       If you decide to join us, please contact me via the return address on this e-mail or phone me at the number at the bottom of this note and let me know how many people will be in your group.  You may consider bringing the following items for the Chinatown tour:  Sturdy and comfy walking shoes, $, Large ice chest with "Blue Ice" (for perishable groceries you may want to purchase and keep fresh for your drive home), and a sense of adventure.  I usually leave my ice chest in the car, load it up with groceries after I shop.  There is no time constraint for the tour, we will take our leisurely time, so please be aware of this.

      We will meet directly in front of Ocean Palace Restaurant, 11215 Bellaire Blvd. at 10 AM Sharp to begin the tour.  (Not SCA time).   There is a beautiful water scape there and a shaded awning.  DIRECTIONS: Take your best route to Beltway 8 @ Bellaire.  (See Key Map pages 528 & 529).  There is a Home Depot store at that intersection, this will serve as a landmark to let you know you are on the right road.  Ocean Palace Restaurant is approximately a few blocks West of that intersection.

      So, please join us if you are up for a "mini trip" to Houston's Asian neighborhood.

                                                                                     Ciarnat MKA Kim Law
                                                                                          281 693-6441