[Gatesedge] Demo Opportunity ...

Maria scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 14 10:42:02 PST 2006

Hi everyone.  I know most of you are at Gulf Wars and hope that when you get back you all had a wonderful time.

I've had a call from a teacher at the Emerson School.  She's looking for a small group to come out and do a small demo for the kids at the school on the everyday life in Medieval times.  The demo would be on either April 11,12, or 13.

I'm looking for a small group who will be able to come out with me.  We're going to be doing mostly lifestyle during the times, A&S, music (Hey Alden can I borrow a copy of that CD and then give it back to you after?), maybe some food, scribal.  That kind of stuff.  No fighting, although I'd like to have some armor and weapons out there to show the kids and some archery stuff out there to show them.

If anyone doesn't work during the day and would like to come out, I'd appreciate it.  Also if anyone has any A&S, garb, etc that I can borrow for the demo or they want to bring for it, please let me know.  I plan to have a loom out there that kids can try inkle weaving, and I'm also planning on doing a small class on Fingerloop Braiding and showing them Lucet weaving.

If anyone has any questions for me, please give me a call at the phone number below of shoot me an email privately at scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net.

Thanks.
In Service to the Dream,
Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici, SSG