[Gatesedge] GE Fall Event 2007 ...

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Oct 18 15:20:41 PDT 2006

Darlene Vandever wrote:
> Why not have the great punkin shoot at the event after feast??? I
> think that might be fun and maybe we could incorporate something into
> the theme of the whole event around shootin the punkins?
> Annes

We have tried to have candle shoots at events in the past and they are
always a bust for a number of reasons.

First, by that time of the day everyone has worked so hard during the
day they are just too tired to get the candle shoot done or participate
in them.

Second, SCA rules expressly prohibit participating in any marshallate
activity after consumption of alcohol.  I am simply not a brave enough
man to deny archers their beer during feast after a hard sweaty day at
the archery range.  If any marshals or archers have any beers/wine/mead
at feast then I have to wait an appropriate amount of time for the
alcohol to get out of their system before I can allow them to
participate and that is simply too hard to police and control.

Third,  No.  If you wanna shoot at Pumpkins then that is fine with me
but the Great Punkin Shoot is NOT an SCA sponsored activity and never
will be for various reasons.

-EA