[Gatesedge] GE Fall Event 2007 ...

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Oct 18 12:45:08 PDT 2006

I would be VERY leary of the November date.

That is very likely going to again be the weekend between Three Kings
and Bordermarch Melees which are of course our two big annual Melee
events.

You can expect that many of our key people will be busy with and wanting
to attend those events and asking them to work on a local event the
weekend between would be a hardship.  For those of us who fighting arts
are limited to Melee events (Combat Archery and Siege) these are the
only real opportunities that we have.

I would think that any of the weekends in September (except Defender of
the Fort) would be better choices and that the best might be to go with
the very next weekend and conflict with Deeds of Heroes in Bjornsborg on
Oct 18.

With the two big Melee events and Thanksgiving in November, I think it
is just not a good time to have another SCA event.

-EA