[Gatesedge] GE Fall Event 2007 ...

John Moore iaenmor at swbell.net
Wed Oct 18 15:04:50 PDT 2006

The question would be, is Laurel Prize Tourney a big enough draw.  Also is
it worth it for us to interrupt our event for something like this.  It
really doesn't matter how many extra we could have come to the event if it
is going to be a extra load to our event.  It is already a pretty packed day
as it is.

Moving it to close to the end of the month is definitely stepping on the
Halloween Pumpkin shoot.  I realize that it is not a official event but
considering that we have people come from all over the kingdom to attend.
Trying for the date between the Melees is suicide if you ask me.  I can
pretty much guarantee that you can count me out for our event if that were
to happen.  Too much to do in between repairing gear and such.  Not too
mention the Bordermarch Melees starts on Friday thus making it a short week
to get things done.

Sorry Annes I would have to vote for going against Bjornsberg.  We don't
seem to draw people that would normally go to that event with the before
mentioned exceptions.  If it means loosing you and Mark then so be it.  Not
that I would like to but he has his obligations and you have yours to him.
And that is only right in my mind.

I would say go for the October dates first, then for September if that
fails.  Going against Laurel Prize Tourney doesn't faze me a bit.  We have
and can always find judges for our event.

John Moore