[Gatesedge] GE Fall Event 2007 ...

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Oct 18 16:56:12 PDT 2006

    Maria wrote:

    I the running for the event.  Eldren Hills is so far away I don't
    think we'll lose anyone to it.'ve looked at the calendar.  The
    closest Saturday to Halloween is actually November 1.  Halloween is
    a friday in 2008.  Which, if the Great Pumpkin Shoot is held on
    November 1 would put the 25th back in

I agree that we are lot likely to loose anyone to Eldern Hills.  But
that still likely would put our event the weekend before Three Kings.  I
think we would lose people then because folks would be saving their
money and energy for Three Kings.  And it makes it hard on our locals
who would plan to attend Three Kings.

As Iaen said if you start getting too close to Three Kings and
Bordermarch then you can expect that there will be a good number of our
regular guests who simply will not attend and you can expect that a good
number of our local folks (like a lot of the war company) may be
unwilling to take primary roles at our own event.

As I mentioned this past weekend, right now we are the standard bearers
of the archery community in Ansteorra.  We have three members of the
Order of the Arc d'Or locally and two Arcarius as well as Society,
Kingdom, and regional archery officers.  We have responsibilities that
call us to these other events in November.   The shire can certainly and
should hold events whenever is best for the shire but I ask you to keep
in mind the local folks that it would discomfort when you move too close
to November.

-EA