[Gatesedge] Wanted: Interested Persons To Assist With Demo

Ciarnat ciarnat at nww.net
Mon Apr 23 20:23:38 PDT 2007

Fellow SCAers,

     I was contacted by Mylo Gregg with the Boy Scouts, requesting a demo.
Mr. Gregg has requested for interested persons to attend and help show the
children, both BSA & Girl Scouts, what life was like during the Middle Ages
& Renaissance, the theme of their "Twilight Camp".  Twilight Camp is like
day camp but held during the afternoon and evening to enable working parents
to bring their children to the camp.  The "children AKA campers" will be
divided up into groups and will rotate through four 45 minute sessions of
activities, kind of like a "King's College" type thing.  There will be
approximately 70 children at the camp.  Each small group will include 2
Scout adults to accompany the children. The Scout adults will be doing both
the archery and B.B. Gun activities and need us to do four 45 minute
sessions.

    The demo is scheduled for JUNE 7, 2007 from 4:30 to 8:30 P.M. with
SCAdians invited to show examples of, and not limited to:  dance, combat,
A&S, teaching archiac games,  teaching handicrafts, rapier, chivalric,
archery, etc.   The location is the W.W Thorne Stadium (near the M.O.
Campbell Educational Center 1865 Aldine Bender Road).  The Campbell center
has a stadium and amptheatre for our use.  PLEASE look at your calendars and
if you can, come to the demo!  Come one, come all to help the children
"experience an evening of history" and your community will appreciate your
efforts.

     Mr. Gregg needs to schedule our sessions and would like to know
approximately who would be particpating and what we would be willing to do.
Maybe we can devote one session to "Life during the Middle Ages" with SCAers
showing things and talking about armor, weaponry, roles of women (especially
important as G.Scouts will be present), etc..  Would anyone be willing to
teach a craft?  Mr. Gregg says that he really wants us to teach a craft of
some sort.  I will be bringing along a static display of :  armor, examples
of heraldic devices, photo album of SCA life, placards describing what the
SCA offers, etc.

     I will be at the demo the duration of the camp that evening and welcome
any and all assistance from my SCA sisters and brothers.

      All interested parties, please contact me via this e-mail address,
telling me what you'd most like to help do and approximate time you plan to
be at the demo.

                         In Service to Ansteorra,

                    Lady Ciarnat, Hospitaler Stargate

                                    ciarnat at nww.net