[Gatesedge] Archery Practice amd CA Playday/Practice Saturday January 20

Eadric Anstapa eadric at scabrewer.com
Wed Jan 10 16:35:39 PST 2007

Greetings all,

The regularly scheduled Gate's Edge Archery Practice is Saturday,
January 20 at 11AM.  The goal is to start Target Archery practice
promptly at 11AM and end around 2PM.

After Target Archery activities are completed we will have a *Combat
Archery* practice/playday until we are too tired or it is too dark to
continue.

This should be a good opportunity for you to make sure the bows are
working well and that the armor and ammo are still in good repair.  It
should be good practice for the CA only battles at war.  It should be a
great way for a complete newbie who is thinking about CA to explore the
game.

This is an official an SCA melee practice.  Therefore you will need full
SCA legal armor and of course legal bows and ammo. Be ready for armor
inspection.  We will not necessarily have any loaner armor available so
if you wish to actually take the field you need to come prepared.  We
will be working on CA authorizations for those who need it.

Please come out and join us.  The more the merrier.  If there is a local
combat archer in the greater Stargate/Loch area that you think might be
interested please forward this email to them.

Other combatants who want to come out and melee some are welcomed  but
the focus of the combat activities will be Combat Archery.

Directions to our place can be found at
http://gatesedge.ansteorra.org/files/gearchery.htm

Any questions, contact me.

Of course all of the activities are dependent upon favorable weather.
If there is a need to cancel due to weather or other circumstance I'll
send out an email.
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&zipChg=1&zipcode=77362&metric=0
<http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-15day.asp?partner=accuweather&zipChg=1&zipcode=77362&metric=0>
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/77362?from=36hr_topnav_outdoors