[Gatesedge] Faire?

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 8 16:23:52 PDT 2007

There was a guy trying to start up a faire in the area a number of years back when I was Stargate's Seneschal, don't know if this is the same guy or not, but this faire's contact 'Stephen Broussard' sounds very familiar.  There are two photo albums, maybe you will recognize someone.

  The guy several years back could not get any entertainment committed, the whole thing feel through.  The website for this faire shows it very rustic, a lot of sweat-equity involved in it.  The faire a while back wanted a lot of the SCA there as we are essentially free-entertainment.  That faire did not make it!

  Songwood seems like they have some ideas, he said he had been a merchant at TRF for some 20 years, hopefully they can make a go of it.  But, as you said, the date is bad for SCA participation of a large population, though some maybe able to attend.

  Cheers, Hillary