[Gatesedge] SEWING CIRCLE AT THE CASTLE

Ruth Srock cast1es at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 14:50:25 PST 2008

To the Populace:

  Fiber Arts meets at my castle (chateau) Saturday.
Like most castles, it's drafty.  I recommend you bring
a jacket or sweater.  We will be working on your garb
for Gulf Wars, or other projects you have in process.

  Fiber Arts directions:  My castle, 3506 Highfalls
Dr., is behind the Walmart which is located on FM
1960, halfway between I45 and Willow Brook Mall.

  From FM 1960, turn onto Walters Dr., go two blocks,
and turn right onto Brimwood, go one very short block
and turn left onto Morning Pines.  Go one very, very
short block and turn right onto Highfalls Dr.  At the
far end of Highfalls, it makes a 45* turn.  Don't go
round the bend, don't park ON the curve.  Park your
car and the castle sits on the left.

                        OR

  From FM 1960, turn onto T.C. Jester, go two blocks
and turn left onto Chapel Bend.  Go two blocks, at the
"T" intersection, turn left onto Dawn Meadows.  Two
short blocks will bring you to a 45* turn, which
becomes Highfalls Dr.

  You are welcome to park in my driveway (on Dawn
Meadows), but I recommend you do not park ON the
curve.

  Chateau tour beings at 10:00.

  I plan grilling sausages, hot dogs, hamburgers for
lunch.  Have sodas.  Please feel free to bring other
options, if you wish them.  Chef appreciated, but not
required.

  I've been running tables and chairs through the
"patio furniture washing machine."  At the moment, I
have work stations for 5 sewing machines, and
anticipate two more, if someone will pull the glass
top tables from the "machine," for me. They're heavy.

  Possible topic for discussion :  A Knight in Venice
-Mardi Gras event for next year.  Gondolas, rapiers,
bardic circle, fireworks, food, dance, masquarade,
romance, joviality, dancing beside the canals - under
the stars, etc????

See you Saturday!!!

Georgann