[Gatesedge] Stones, bones, and beads

Ruth Srock cast1es at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 12:31:48 PDT 2008

  They do string beads, don't they?

  Stopped in at the BEADOHOLIQUE, at 8220 Louetta, #123, Spring today.  Was thinking some of the amber, coral, rose quartz, a few bones, and lots of other assorted bobbles and beads which would be suitable for Medivel jewerly.  If I recall correctly, Chezklosovia and Germany were trading glass beads then, as well.  In the shop, they had bracelets on display that looked very much like chain mail, although it was made of silver and much to fragile for battle.  Also saw a silver pendent on display which I saw being made on TV this morning, from silver clay.

  I asked if they taught classes, and was told their jewerly classes were listed on line at their web site - www.beadoholique.com.  It's got something going most days this month.

  Being allergic to most metals worn against my skin, I picked up some leather lacing I can use for pendants, as well as some cord I can use to string beads I bought previously, so that I can put them on without having to use a clasp.

Georgann