[Gatesedge] looking for art supplies

John Cooney jc at xephius.com
Sat Sep 6 21:42:34 PDT 2008

I did not mean to incur the wrath of the art gods, TAS is a great
place now doubt. I suggested Jerry's because it is within the
constraints of the original post. While it is not TAS, it is a "real"
art supply house as opposed to a Hobby Lobby or the like.

	"Jerry's is just fine for the "ooops, I forgot my qouache"...but when
you're looking for Schminke.....TAS is the Maaaan...." - Accurate
statement.

On the flips side of the personality coin, if you need anything that
you don't feel like driving into Houston for the staff at Jerry's will
help you out. George is the manager there, really cool guy. BTW for
all you mad skillz painterly people; He is always looking for talented
people to teach classes. Calligraphy, gouache techniques, and the like
are highly sought after. I have taken classes, and know several
teaches there, always worth the money.

	If you haven't taken the trip to TAS, go just for the experience.
While in the area I would suggest checking out Cafe Adobe or "The
Hobbit Hole", both very cool places to grab a bite.

	Jean