[Gatesedge] Coastal Region call to arms.....Army to arrive at Raven's Fort event!

John Reuter brian_the_french_norman at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 28 07:42:38 PDT 2009

My Brothers, Sisters and Cousins,

I have been given word that the Coastal Regional Army has been challanged to attend the Raven's Fort 'Day at the Stones' event to take the field and to repell all who would think them selves able to take it! At Gulf Wars their army Proved their resolve and now have a war like spirit that can not be easley quenched.
     Who will come to Raven's Fort and fight off this army of Coastal Warriors on a hell bent warpath of conquering and victory. I will stand the field and invite all Southern Regional Warriors to Stand with me to keep the Coast from taking the Field of HONOR that I so dearly love. If it is their fate to win the field then so be it but I will not let it be taken so easely.

     Our Autocrat has these words to say about our event:

  Greetings from the Autocrat of

                             A Day at The Stones of Raven’s Fort :

It has been over a year and a half since our Barony has held an event without the weather harpies completely spoiling our fun in some form or fashion.  All of the normal work that goes into the production of an SCA happening had been carried out.  The cobbler had been cooked, the scrolls had been made, money had been spent and the special needs of The Stones site had been met and more, but fate has not been kind to us.  Our site looks like a war zone.  There are trees down everywhere.  Through all the set backs of storms and logging and health issues of our nobles and postponement and a major event conflict, the devoted populace of Raven’s Fort have kept their spirits high and answered every challenge that has been set before them.  I am very proud of them all.  There are several local members that have earned awards, but have never attended an event on their home ground.  It is our greatest hope that will change the first weekend of April.  We invite
 you to join us in celebrating springtime at The Stones of Raven’s Fort and see the site as you will never see it again.  Your support of our Barony will be greatly appreciated.

Friday

- 4:00 – Site opens / camp setup

Saturday

- 9: 30 – Opening Court

- 10:00 - Fighting and Competitions begin

Chivalric melee scenarios will be Marshaled by Baron Brian du Val.

Rapiers melees scenarios will be Marshaled by Baron, Don Charles d’ Alcase

Field Point and Combat Archery competitions will be Marshaled by Lord Plachoya.

There will also be an IKAC and IKCAC archery shoot for interested parties.

Equestrian will be a Bandit Raider competition Marshaled by Lady Lorraine Fraser.

We are also giving a prize for outstanding performance by a Horse.

- 5:00 – Feast and Evening Court

A Saturday evening traditional Gaul feast will include :

Sigrid Sweinbrothar’s Pulled Pork Au Jus in Bread Trench

French Many Bean Soup

Slaw (non-mayo)

Spiced Baked Apples

Our Feastocrat is Baroness Musashi no Domai Kitsune.

Our Grand Maitre d’Hotel Ecuyer is Lord Pasquale Pace.

Kitchen help eats for free.

- Dusk – Social intercourse and libations

After feast join us in SweinCamp at The Raven Flag Brew Tent

to share the secrets and products of our local Raven’s Fort Brewers Guild

and for Dice Games, Drumming and General Revelry.

Please BYOB.

If it’s not too dry, the Bonfire will be torched.

As always, there will be the after midnight pilgrimage to the great stone circle on the hill.

Sunday

- 10: 00 – Closing Court

- 10:30 – Melee practice

- 3:00 – Site closes

For directions, please see the March or April BlackStar site map.

Site Fee is $9.00

Feast Fee is $7.00 ( limited to the first 150 )

Our Head Troll is Alaric Sweinbrothar.

Our Chiurgeon in Charge is Lady Alesone Lesley

The Stones of Raven’s Fort is a primitive site with barrel water and Port-a-Cans.

Please bring your own drinking water.

Campfires will be allowed if wet weather permits.

Mammal pets are allowed on leashes with written proof of current rabies vaccination.

Pet are not to be left unattended.

Horses must show written proof of negative Coggin’s Test.

Fermented and distilled spirits are allowed in period containers only, please.

Posted site rules will be enforced.

Merchants are more than welcome.

The event scenario :

> The peace and trade talks were set and the Viking ships were in route to the shores of Raven’s Fort when the fall storm hit.  Though the Norse threat is lessened now by the devastation of most of their fleet, no peace agreement is yet in force.  Our leaders have rescheduled a parley for September, but the prospect of spring attacks are very real.  Time is short before the clearing of skies and the advent of the raiding season.  Baron Brian and Baroness Fionna call all available Fighters, Archers and Equestrians to come to our Barony to repel the scourge of the dragonships.

Time passes…

A great storm had postponed the talks for peace and so the Dragonships came. The Norse raiders burned and killed and pillaged anything that could not be spoiled. Camped now on the shoreline ready for departure, well satisfied with themselves, they feast on the plunder of their ill gotten gains and share stories of blood. But there are those in the near by woods that are hungry for revenge and they have something that the Vikings do not.  Horses. >From out of the dark an arrow finds the eye of a great berserker hero and strikes him dead. Riders swarm into the camp reclaiming bags of loot and freeing their kindred prisoners. Shouts of confusion erupt as the beached ships burst into consuming flames. <

In closing I would like to thank everyone that has put forth efforts for this and the two failed events.  I would also beg forgiveness for this shameless plea for your help replenishing our coffers with your attendance.  In return I offer a delightful weekend of camaraderie and a site lush with the green of spring at The Stones of Raven’s Fort.

Long live the Raven.

In service to the Barony,

Vlod NotVlad

281-367-3409