[Gatesedge] [Coastal] GE Fighter Practice CANCELLED

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 08:08:07 PDT 2011

Thanks! That is his big concern. I just spoke to him on the phone and told
him that people were disappointed. He said he would think about it but the
paper is forcasting 101 for Sunday and that is the real heat not the "feels
like". I know Crown tourney was hotter thant this but Crown is a little
different than a local practice. He knows what being in the heat and
exerting yourself is like as he works outside in it for a living. He has
very deep concerns for people who may not be as used to dealing with it as
he is. He doesn't want to put anyone at risk for a hobby, no matter how well
loved.

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Melanie Black <shadowmib at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree with this decision. They have issued a heat advisory. That is
> for just being outside in the heat, not wrapped up in insulation and
> doing strenuous exercise.
>
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM, Darlene Burns <annescvb at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thorgard works in the heat all the time and has concerns for people's
> safety
> > which is why I posted the cancellation. I will talk to him again tonight
> but
> > as of last night he asked me to post the cancellation due to his
> concerns.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM, <georgeslebreton at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Is the heat really that bad?  I know of at least 3 fighters, including a
> >> new fighter trying to get time in, who would like to practice this
> sunday.
> >>
> >> Can we get any local gates edge officer who would be willing to come out
> >> to make it a legal practice
> >>
> >> George
> >> Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with SprintSpeed

"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"