[Gatesedge] Soft Drink Bottles For G. War

Ciarnat Ciarnat at consolidated.net
Mon Jan 31 07:58:30 PST 2011

Hi Fellow SCAers,
     Just a little reminder, please rinse and save all 2 liter soft drink
bottles.  Take to G.Wars and drop off at the main Waterbearing station
located near Hastings Field or near that location.  These will be greatly
needed for waterbearers to refresh the fighters and assembled gentles.  As
one who does volunteer to do waterbearing, I, along with many of my fellow
volunteers and all thirsty fighters, thank you!

     For all attending Gulf Wars XX, please take some time to volunteer
while there:  Try something you have never done before; maybe help with the
watch or at volunteer point.  Waterbearing always needs energetic helpers
(you'll sometimes get marriage proposals and the heartfelt thanks from all
fighters) or assist with the sanitation crew (Ansteorra earns extra points
for all who help with this).  Volunteering helps Ansteorra earn war points,
helps the war run along in a smoother way and volunteering helps you meet
other gentles from all over the Known World, who knows-you might meet your
next best friend!

     Our collection of loaner garb is frequently expanding, thanks to
generous donations.  We are in need of hangers for these items.  If you have
a surplus of hangers you no longer need, please bring them to Stargate's
Populace on Monday 2-7-11.  They will be put to use, right away.

     Thank you for taking time to read this--

     In Service,

Ciarnat
Hospitaler, Stargate

  All meaningful change begins with the right aspirations--Ken Yamashita