[Gatesedge] OT - a BIG favor to ask ...

Maria Buchanan scarlettmb at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 10 12:41:02 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone.

I have a BIG favor to ask.

My divorce will be filed in a few weeks.  But my attorney recommends that I get
all the rest of my stuff out of John's house before it's filed.

I have looked at the Kingdom Calendar and have chosen two dates.  They are both
Sundays after local events.  It's a big pain in the butt but I need to get this
done.  My father's health has deteriorated to the point that he can't help me
anymore with moving stuff.  I have 2 pieces of furniture and the rest is pots
and pans and maybe some other stuff that is small.  I am willing to rent a
truck, but I need help moving the stuff.

With the tension that has been between John and me in the past year, I don't
think it's a good idea for me to go there with just a couple of other people.  I
don't want problems from him.  The situation has gotten worse with him, and he
has become verbally abusive.  A few men with me will at least stop the verbal
abuse from becoming physical.

The dates are next Sunday, September 18 and Sunday October 9.  Next weekend is
Raven's Fort and the weekend of the 9th is Loch.  Since they are both local
events I thought the likelihood of people camping at them would be lower.

I really need help here.  I don't want to get into a situation where John gets
angry with me and tries something and I have to defend myself.  It is quite
likely to happen if there are no men with me.  I don't think he'd try anything
with a few of my SCA friends with me.

Please think about the dates and let me know if you can help and which is the
better date.  I am really terrified that there will be problems if I don't have
some friends with me.  You all know, I'm not the type of person who's usually
afraid of things, but this possibility really terrifies me.  I am not worried
about him being verbally abusive, it's the possibility of his anger getting away
and being physically abusive that scares me.  I would have to defend myself at
that point, and I don't want to be placed in that position, especially now, with
my degree so close and the idea of moving into government work existing in my
future.

Please, take pity on a lady in need.  I'm begging ... I really am scared that
this will turn bad.

Thank you all.
Maria