[Gatesedge] Free Event this weekend!

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 11:42:24 PDT 2012

Greetings Friends and Neighbors!

Just a reminder that the Shire of Gate's Edge is hosting our FREE off
calendar event "Son of Summerthing" this Saturday, August 11, from 9 AM to
5 PM at Kinsman Lutheran Church, 12100 Champion Forest Drive  Houston, TX
77066.

This event is FREE. We will need a sign in sheet for purposes of the SCA
and the church. Should you wish to make a donation to our Shire, it will be
gratefully accepted. There will be a donation's box available at sign in.
Sign in begins at 9 Am and ends after lunch around 1 pm.

Lunch is pot-luck. Bring a dish to share that will serve 6-10 people. The
Shire will provide cold water and iced tea.

"Son of Summerthing" is a day of classes to help us wile away the time
while our friends are visiting the far North at Pennsic. We have an awesome
line up of classes for your education and entertainment. A sampling of
these classes are:

Blacksmithing- all day led by Eric Greyfox. Outdoors so be prepared to
sweat. Bring drinks and chairs. A small fee for certain materials if you
want to take it with you

Stone carving a Viking Rune stone-limit 4-taught by Thorgard inn Svati. 2
hours outside. Bring drinks and chairs. You may purchase the tools you are
using if you want. The stone is free.

Soap stone Casting-taught by Maggie Hallenburg. 2 hours. Small fee for
materials-$5-2 hours inside.

Middle Eastern Drumming-taught by Dietrich Stroblebart-all day until he
can't drum anymore-some loaner drums will be available-bring your own if
you have one.

Besides these long classes, there are a number of hour long classes
including but not limited to:
Belly dancing
Weaving
Spinning
Medicine & Herbs
SCA 101 for Newcomers
Cooking & cheese making
Embroidery
Olives and Oils
Bardic
And more!

We hope that many of you will join us for what promises to be a great day
of friendship and learning!

‎--
Annes-Autocrat
"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"