[Gatesedge] Bordermarch Tiny Tourney and Pennsic Pity Party

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 07:34:26 PDT 2012

On behalf of Lord Thomas Peregrine I send our brethren in Gates Edge
greetings!

Greetings!

     As July slowly turns over to August, countless mighty warriors and
skillful artisans are gathering up the instruments of their craft,
preparing for war.  All these countless hordes will soon descend upon the
fields of Pennsic to carve out their own piece of the glories to be had.
 And then there's the rest of us, left behind to our own devices, bemoaning
cruel fate that we will not have the joy of defending our fair kingdom.

    But we shall not go quietly into that good night!  Here, in the
Bordermarch, we shall keep the home fires burning, and send off our fellows
with the ring of combat, and beauty of arts!  On the fifth day of August,
we shall throw a bash, and you are all invited!  There will be chivalric
lists, rapier lists, and displays of works done by our artisans.  Bring
your hot weather snacks, and gear for the combat of your choice, or your
own A&S project for display.  At the end of the day, we'll have a small
moot court to hand out prizes to the winners of each field.  We'll start
the festivities at 1:00 at Rogers Park in Beaumont, TX, and stay as long as
the fun lasts!  Drummers are encouraged to bring their drums.  Also, the
park has a small playground, and a splash pad for those with small
children.  Let's have some fun!

Yours in Service,
Thomas Peregrine

Lord Thomas and I can be reached through this list, the Bordermarch
website, or facebook.  I hope we'll see many of you there, especially to
talk about your own event the following weekend.  I know a few of us, at
least, are planning to try to attend.

Till then, I remain...
--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB
*
*
 *Beauty, strength, youth, are flowers but fading seen;* *Duty, faith,
love, are roots, and ever green.*

GEORGE PEELE, *Polyhymnia*
 **