[Gatesedge] BOYD 2.0: Plague Rats Revenge

Darnell Daniels dmage121 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 14 06:44:24 PDT 2013

Unto the gentle folk of Gate's Edge,

The time quickly approaches and the rats are restless. Soon Bring Out Your Dead will be upon us and I still have slots to fill. This is a call for volunteers to help with, what is shaping out to be, a spectacular event. Listed below are the areas I still need assistance with.

Setup and/or take down
Head Gate Coordinator - take the job and assemble your team
Heraldic Coordinator - The crown will be there if we get Royal Huntsman. This mainly someone to coordinate announcements and recruit heralds for the Rapier lists. Might need one for the Hunt.
Nastycrat - There will be facilities of a sort. I just need someone to coordinate supplies
Lists Coordinator - One for Chiv and one for Rapier
Chiurgeon
Head water bearer

Don't know what's going on at the event? Well here is a tentative roster

Events:

Chivalric Royal Hunt:
Groups of 5 fighters will scour the wood for game. There will be “animals” to hunt, packs of “dogs” to flush the game, and bards to tell the tales of heroism and hunting prowess.

Archery Exterminate the Rats!: Archery shoot consisting of Rat targets, large attacking rat target, and a moving clout. When night falls a demonstration of “fire” arrows will light the night sky.

Bardic: TBD. There is a discussion in progress. Shall bardic stories from the hunt be part of the contest?

Rapier: TBD. A tribute to the late Don Christoforo is planned (Gate’s Edge first rapier champion)

A&S: Single entry light documentation.Plague link scores extra. Full details forthcoming.

Children's activities: Rat making, rat slinging, “Look MOM I’m a RAT!” face painting

Dance Competition: 3 dances where a Champion of the Dance will be chosen.

Feast: Food, food, and more food After Feast:

The Hoffla. More food and drink from Greece and surrounding areas.

Awards: Champions of the listed events along with several mini awards to be determined by the presiding crowns (ex. “Best Death, Best Shot, Most Period Garb, “Now that’s how you party!”, etc.)

The more participation we have the better it reflects on the Shire. Let's give the citizenry of Ansteorra  something to remember.

For the Shire!
Lrd Robert of Coleford
Autocrat BYOD