[Gatesedge] Our Event

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 03:33:33 PDT 2015

Dearest Gatesedge Family,

I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of all of you. Thank you, thank
you, and thank you again. All I heard from folk was compliments about how
much fun they had, how smoothly everything went, how incredible feast was,
how informative, interesting and useful the classes they took were, how
they looked forward to more fun in the future. His Highness and Her
Excellency Stargate were so gracious and they both seemed to be impressed
with our little Shire and they both seemed to have a good time also.

Despite every effort on my part, it always seems that you leave people out
of the thank yous...I had a list of teachers and I missed thanking some of
them personally and giving them a token of my appreciation. My only excuse
is that these were all afternoon classes and I was dealing with autocrat
foo over the site and trying to get court and feast to play nice.

So the following 3 teachers, please know first that I really did appreciate
your classes...they were well attended showing how much interest there is
in archery in our community. And second, I will have that small token with
me for the next time we meet. HL Padraic of Kilkenny, HL Leofwine of
Sumersaetum and HL Jean-Paul De Calmont all taught afternoon classes and I
missed you. My deepest apologies to all of you. HE, Nicolette also taught
classes but I had already given her a token of appreciation while she was
on the list field taking care of His Highness. Her service was much
appreciated.

For those who couldn't come out, here are some highlights:
Our Chivalric champion was His Grace, Ulstead the Unsteady
Our A& S champion was Her Grace, Ebegardis von Zell
Our Bardic champion was Lord Paedric O'Mullen
Our Dance champion was Lady Morina O'Donovon
Our Rapier champion was HL Christyana Ivarsdottir

Vivat and congratulations to all of you!

Our own Jason of There was given his AoA and is now Lord Jason of There.
HE, Baroness Genevieve McCullum de Caen was given her much deserved and
overdue sable crane.
Lady Grania O'Mora was named the newest Guardian of the Gate. HE, Baroness
Signy Gandalvsdottir passed on her "Adelicia" porcelain award to Grania.

There were several awards that were held to be given at a later date as the
recipients had to leave before court. Wait for it...it could have been
*you*.

Vivat the Shire! Vivat!

"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"