[Gatesedge] Our Shire Party last night

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 05:57:37 PST 2016

Last night was our Shire party and it was so much fun! We were so sorry
that so many got ill or had to change plans at the very last minute. Georgann
Srock <https://www.facebook.com/georgann.srock> worked very hard to make
her home more beautiful and welcoming than it normally is. Thank you for
opening your home to all of us.

For those who *did* make it out: Mu of Samerkind; Kat Watson
<https://www.facebook.com/katw1>; myself, the Sweet Baboo, Caitlin the
Celt, Mike Golden <https://www.facebook.com/Aelfengrad>, Maria Bulgarelli
<https://www.facebook.com/maria.b.buchanan>, Valerie Wisenbaker Brown
<https://www.facebook.com/val9232000>, Derek Brown
<https://www.facebook.com/Vkeris>, and their two boys, Dillon and Avi, and
of course our Hostess with the Mostest-Georgann Srock
<https://www.facebook.com/georgann.srock>, there was food, and food, and
more food and did I mention food? We ate and chatted in Georgann's
beautiful conservatory by candlelight. Kat Watson
<https://www.facebook.com/katw1>"s German sausage and potato dish was given
high praise as was Maria Bulgarelli
<https://www.facebook.com/maria.b.buchanan>'s sweet potato casserole. My
lemon bars went over very well. I don't know who brought all of what but
there was chicken nuggets and sandwiches and cookies and pork roast (mine)
and angel food cake and other wonderful things.

Then came our traditional Viking Exchange! I got #6 and when it came to my
turn, of course I had to steal! Lots of laughter, lots of love, much fun
and stealing of gifts happened.

Then we cleaned up a bit and chatted and ate some more (some of us)...and
then with stuffed bellies and good memories, we departed before the front
hit and dropped the temperature like a peregrine stooping on a rabbit!

Unfortunately, it never crossed my mind to take pictures and of course now
it is too late. Those who couldn't come were missed but a good time was had
by all!!!

"Munerius Ultra Sanitas"