GL - Various things

ladylavina ladylavina at email.com
Mon Aug 21 10:00:41 PDT 2000

Greetings Everyone.

Since we will not be meeting again until October (isn't that right Airaklee?), I wanted to pass along some information to everyone in the Canton.

1. A HUGE!!!!!!! THANK YOU and VIVAT to everyone in the Canton for helping out this Saturday.  I personally think the event was a big success.  Everyone seemed to be having a good time and enjoying themselves.

2.  Something for everyone to start thinking about for later on - Everyone who attends our tourney's seems to like them - especially the classes.  What's everyone's opinion on holding a "mini-college" (with a fancy title of course) every August.  Same format as this time.  It seems to be a good time for such.  There are no other colleges going on anywhere else (that I'm aware of) and it's 6 months after Elfsea's Baronial College.

I think that the Visual Arts Center would work.  We could make some nice banners to seperate out a portion of the building and make a 4th classroom.  Anyway, think about it.  If we do want to do this, we need to schedule the building soon - remember that big hall gets booked 1 year in advance....

3.  HE Catrin has asked that if anyone turns in award recommendations, please e-mail her and HE Fritz a copy of the recommendation.  If you fill out the on-line form on the Ansteorrian website, that's fine.  Just send them a copy of your "comments".  Their e-mail addresses are:  HE Catrin:  khardy at flash.net, HE Fritz:  rhemail at flash.net

4.  Below is an e-mail message I received from HE Catrin.  Please make note of the announcements contained therein.

5.  I learned on Friday that my application for Minister of Arts and Sciences for the Canton was approved.  So I am no longer "acting" a&s minister.  YEAH!

Finally, I hope everyone has a good September.  Begin thinking about what A&S workshop you want in October (if you want one).  I'll get back with you in a few weeks to  poll your ideas and/or suggestions.

Yours in Serivce,
Lady Lavina del Bakhous
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Canton of Glalsyn