GL - Requested Open Dates for Center

ladylavina ladylavina at email.com
Thu Aug 31 08:35:51 PDT 2000

Hi Everyone:

As requested at last night's meeting, I called the Visual Arts Center.  Here is what I have learned:

For consideration on the Kingdom Bardic, The NEXT available date on the big hall is May 12.

So, it looks like we can't host the Kingdom Bardic at the Visual Arts Center, anyway, UNLESS it's moved to May (and aren't we trying to do our weekend event then?).

Afan, I suggest you call the following sites to check on rates, etc. (for both the Kingdom Bardic AND the Ladies of the Rose Tournament):

Denton Senior Citizen Center - (940) 349-8280 (It's at the Civic Center Park, so the fighters could fight  outside, possibly inside, and then inside there is a nice(feast) hall and meeting rooms)

Woman's Club Building - (949)566-9919 (It's at the Civic Center Park also - beside the library.  The fighters can fight outside at the Park and move inside to eat.  There is no way they would let people fight in the building - besides it's not big enough.

North Texas Fair Grounds - 387-2532 - they have several different types of facilities.

Ryan High School - 566-7926

Denton High School - 382-9611

Singing Oaks Church of Christ - they have 1 gym and 2 kitchens - 387-4355

First United Methodist Church - they have a nice size gym and I'm not sure what else - 382-5478

Also, since we have done this before, why not make up a list so we won't have to go through this again (just a thought...)
-------------------

For consideration on our Mini-College, the available dates for the Visual Arts Center NEXT August (2001), and the conflicing Kingdom Event, are as follows:

August 11 and 18 - This is during Pensic
(August 25 or whatever that Saturday is is already booked!)
September 1 - Wiesenfeur Baronial, Oklahoma City
September 8 - Stargate Baronial, Houston
September 15 - Defender of the Fort, Huntsville
(BOOKED September 22 - Elfsea Defender)
September 29 - Bryn Gwald Baronial, Austin

I suggest that we discuss here (on the list-serve) what date we want to have the event and I'll get the hall booked.

Personally, I vote for September 1 or 8.

Yours in Service,
Lavina