[DFW-Announce] Cool Kitty to good home

Timothy Rayburn admin at elfsea.net
Sat Dec 16 09:33:22 PST 2000

    Would *you* like to be among the select few to be considered for
ownership by a cat?  Pooh Kitty, a sable colored feline, is a somewhat
beloved institution of the Steppes Scribal Community (tm - patent
pending).
Alas, Pooh Kitty has been advised that his current part time food
procurring
employee (Aslyn) is no longer allowed to retain said feline in her
current
abode (Read: the apartment people would not renew the lease unless
Aslyn
would agree to not have any pets.  Aslyn - would could not move at this
time - acquiesced.  We now continue with our story already in
progress.)

    Furthermore, Aslyn (who has the lungs of an eighty year old
emphysematic
and is, oddly enough, allergic to cats [yes, always has been]) really
doesn't need to be around cats that much any more (although she does
love
the Poohster).

    P.K. (who is currently working on his memoirs), would dearly love
find a new home wrought with catnip and babes.  However, he'll settle
for
anywhere other than the no-kill shelter of the SPCA, which is where he
will
unfortunately be sent back to unless he finds a home.  Time is, also,
of the
essence as his current (and most gracious) innkeepers must, alas, part
with
his presence as soon as possible.

Here are the character stats for the Pooh:

Name:  Pooh Kitty
Age:    Ummm....I dunno....7?  8?
Color:     Sable\Dark Brown - faint tiger stripe on his belly
Class:    Ohhh.....*lots*
Strengths:    Can open doors with special sumo wrestling moves;
special
"Air P.K." move where he can do a complete backflip *when properly
motivated*;  loves to fish and hunt;  great with scribes;  is working
on
reprogramming VCRs.
Weaknesses:  Can replay answering machine messages if he's miffed at
you....

If interested in this once in a lifetime offer, please inquire at
aslyn2 at mindspring.com

    Seriously folks, I really do love this cat, and I really would
rather he
go to a good home than back to the Shelter from whence he came.  They
had a
hard time placing him the first time (as he was a grown cat).  He's a
pretty
cool kitty.  So....if you know of *anyone* who would like him, please
let me
know.

Thanks!

~Aslyn