GL - Re: GL Potluck, childrens activities

Walter J. Wakefield wjwakefield at juno.com
Wed Feb 23 20:06:53 PST 2000

Greetings unto the fair canton of Glaslyn from Suzanna the herbalist.  We
are looking forward to your event this weekend.  Agilwulf is thinking
about making a salmon pasta dish for the potluck.  We can bring a 2 1/2
gallon drink cooler/water jug for water or lemonade or whatever, if you
need it.  Let us know.

In regards to children's activities, our 10-year old daughter, Alisha,
will be coming and might be persuaded to help with children's activities
a little.  We can bring a backgammon set and a "Shut the box" game (a
period game Countess Valeria introduced us to) for those that might like
to play.  Alisha likes games and could do this, I think.  Also, I have
taught kids how to make polymer clay (Fimo) beads successfully, and I
could bring the stuff to do this if you like.  The only catch is that I
would need an oven (or toaster oven) for about 30 minutes (250 degrees)
to cook the beads.  If the oven is not useable, I could come up with a
way for the kids to take their beads home. Also would need a table to
work on.   Let me know if you want me to do this.

Suzanna, herbalist, Steppes
214-351-3907  email:wjwakefield at juno.com (no attachments)