GL - Banner Making Party this Sunday

Susan Brockington susanb at unt.edu
Wed Oct 18 15:00:41 PDT 2000

Greetings Glaslynders:

Just a friendly reminder, this weekend we will have our banner
making party.  We will make banners to be used for events that our
Canton will host.  Details are below:

What:  Banner Making A&S Workshop

When:  Sunday, October 22

Where:  Greater Denton Arts Council, Visual Arts Center, see our
website for directions:  http://www.glaslyn.org and click the
"calendar" link.

Time:  2:00 - ?

What to bring - If you have these and are willing to let the Canton
borrow them, please bring them:
Scissors
Material for Banners
Sewing machine, thread (all of the necessary items to go with your
machine to sew the fabric)
Pencils
Pens - both stick and writing
Paints - enamels; all colors - NO NEONS PLEASE!
Paint brushes - all sizes
Newspapers to be used
for drips Ideas/drawings/patterns for designs for the banners
Canisters for water buckets

If you are donating fabric, please have it pre-washed in hot water.

I will be bringing an overhead projector and blank transparencies.  If
you have a particular design you want on a banner, please have it
copied onto a transparency (if possible).

Also, after much discussion on and off this list, I have decided that
we should bring the fabric and we will decide if we will sew it first
or paint it first.

Otherwise I'll see you this Sunday.

Lavina