GL - Upcoming A&S Activities

Susan Brockington susanb at unt.edu
Thu Sep 21 06:41:15 PDT 2000

Greetings Everyone:

I hope everyone is enjoying their break this month.  As you know,
in December we will be hosting the Ladies of the Rose Tournament
(Isn't this what is called?), we will, hopefully, be have our
permanent event in the Spring, and next year we will have our
College/A&S tournament.

I have a proposal for some A&S/Canton Bonding Activities for the
upcoming months.  I propose that we get together and make
devices/banners and other things that we will need for these
events.  (I.E. wouldn't it be nice to be able to display our device at
the Ladies of the Rose Tournament?)

Here's SOME ideas on things that we could make:
1) Banners with our Canton device
2) Table cloths or runners with our device on the front or end
3) Hangings with pictures of people "doing things" (i.e. fighting,
walking around conversing, etc.)
4) Banners with personal devices

If agreeable to the rest of the Canton, here's how I think we could
handle this:

In October:
1) October's Moot (October 18) we get together and decide which
project we want to do first (I propose making a banner with our
Canton and/or device and some table cloths.  We can use these at
the upcoming Ladies of the Rose Tournament)
2) Have our A&S Activity on Sunday, October 29 (this will give us
enough time before hand to get the materials together)

November:
In order to prepare for our Canton pot-luck luncheon at the
Tournament in December, Lady Magdalena has agreed to teach
our A&S activity.   Her topic is "Easy Period Pot-Luck Dishes".
(Date to be announced later)

December:
*Sunday, December 3 our A&S Activity would be to finish up what
we have going and need for the Ladies of the Rose Tournament.

In the upcoming months we could hold additional Activities to finish
up our projects.

How does this fit into A&S you ask?  Easy, we have heraldry,
sewing and painting involved.

Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions on this?  Remember, this is
YOUR canton, I'm just here to help organize things.

I would appreciate any feedback as soon as possible.  If we agree
to this, I need to get the room reserved.

Yours in Service,
Lady Lavina del Bakhous
Minister of Arts and Sciences, Canton of Glaslyn