GL - Want to host Queen's Champion?

Susan Brockington susanb at unt.edu
Thu Sep 28 08:33:25 PDT 2000

Greetings Everyone:

I'm at it again.  The Crown is looking for someone to host Queen's
Champion on Saturday, January 26.  I think this is something our
Canton can host with very little trouble.

Please read ALL of the details below.  THEN I NEED YOUR IMPUT
IMMEDIATELY!!!  The deadline for submissions is NOW!  I
especiallly want to hear from the light fighters in the Canton (that's
you David!!)

Queen's Champion runs itself. All we have to do is provide the site
and a feast for about 100 people.

I've found a site. The hall holds 135 people (can't imagine more
than that showing up), we can have fencing outside. We can bring
out own food, alcohol is allowed, no smoking in the building (which
is standard) there's a kitchen, 2 refigerators and a couple of
coolers. We can hang banners (but we cannot nail them into the
walls).

Cost? A mere $200 with a $200 refundable deposit.
f we charge $6.00/person including the feast, if 150 people show
up, that's $900; minus the 40% that goes to crown (for a crown
event) minus the $200 site fee, we will just about break event, and
have a little profit. AND if more people show up than expected,
Kroger is 100 feet away....(he, he, he)

Place? The fairgrounds in Denton behind Kroger on University
Drive.

It's available January 29.

Sounds pretty easy - not much more work than our fighting mini-
 tourney.

Also, again, we can use our upcoming A&S workshops to make
banners for our permanent event and all other events that we do. It
would be nice to have some Canton banners anyway (in my
unsolicited opinion). Pot-luck feast provided by the members of the
Canton (no we shouldn't ask everyone who is attending to bring
food).  Magdelana said she would give us a "easy pot-luck feasts"
A&S activity in November.

PLEASE let me know your opinion as soon as possible.  If the
Canton agrees, we need to get our bid in NOW.

Lavina