GL - Want to host Queen's Champion?

G.R.Rhine grrhine at swbell.net
Thu Sep 28 10:16:24 PDT 2000

Lavina and I already spoke this morning...

I agree that we could raise the site fee to $7. In fact, usually with a
feast included, the fee is not less than $10. There is the possibility
of doing each separately though...

I think the banners, for the canton, are a good idea, regardless of
whether or not we get the bid.

The pot luck idea is a good one. Many hands make light work! I am
liking the way Magdalena is thinking...it would be a good idea to
plan the entire feast, and assign/volunteer for projects. That will
guarantee we don't duplicate dishes, and that the whole feast
remains within one period. Also, if there are things which can be
made in advance, I have a chest freezer, and a whole refrigerator
which are not currently in use.

I _believe_ we get one free Black Star add, per event. I am not sure
what extra adds cost.

 Photocopies for invitations aren't a problem... I can handle that. I
don't know if anyone saw the Defender invitations... but I still have
most of a ream of the linen paper, and a bunch of linen envelopes
left.  I am more than happy to donate these, as I did for Elfsea.
Lord and Lady Elfsea had me send invitations to all the Knights,
Dons, landed Barons/Baronesses and past Elfsea Defenders. I
think their total cost was around $40 for postage. Which should
mean we can get off for much less (depending on who invitations
go out to).

Site tokens don't have to be a major cost either. The ones we did
for Kingdom Warlord, several years ago, were just pennies each.
Depending on what we do, again I have access to some (free)
supplies.

Having said that, if we put in a bid, those things do not need to be
a major concern in the financial aspect. Sounds to me as though
we can be quite cost effective.

My vote... Put in a bid (we'll have to finish working out the details
on the financials) and see where it goes from there. Er... that's a
yes from me.

   ~A~