GL - Our event

doug turnage wolf77777 at juno.com
Tue Apr 3 13:13:46 PDT 2001

Lavina

Our event could be put  on the kingdom calendar--there is nothing that says
it can not be so. The reality of the matter is One it is too late to do
so(we are 1 month and 2 days away from it). The second is that to my
knowledge all fighting events are camping events and we as a group had
decided not to make this a camping event because we were not ready to do
that.(the strain being too great) I also think that with the boyscouts being
on the same site we would run the risk of over running there portion of the
area if we had a lot of folks from the SCA show up. After May 5th is over.
WE can start to plan for a 2 day camping event with proper advertizing and a
site that has just SCA folks on it. I feel that we have done a good job of
comming together as a group in order to get this one day event going.
Herries has done an excellent job all on his own and deserves a great amount
of the credit. All of Glaslyn with out being asked done the jobs that needed
to be done.

Wolf