GL - Gaming Day/Night

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Wed Apr 4 09:05:11 PDT 2001

I think this is a wonderful idea.  However,  the 2 (role playing)
campaigns I participated in before were horrible experiences.  However, if
David wants to game, have at it.  I'll be more than happy to watch Daniel
(and Dakota if Joan wants to join in).

Thanks for the offer though.  I'll check with David and get back with you.

Lavina

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Scot and Michelle Henry wrote:

> Well, Airaklee, Herries, Sebastian and I  were sharing about our favorite
> computer and board games one evening after a meeting.  Sebastian and I
> participated in a games club in college and haven't had a regular group to
> game with since then.  Since we all seemed to have similar tastes in games,
> the four of us had briefly discussed having a Glaslyn Game Day ( to play
> non-SCA games - i.e. board games like Civilization, Risk, etc.  and maybe
> eventually a role-playing game - and to bring the Canton closer together as
> regular people).  Herries suggested that the first one be AFTER our event to
> give us time to socialize and debrief and yes, utter those blessed words,
> "Thank you, God, it's over!"  (Not to mention that we'll be too busy before
> then.)  ;-)
> We would be willing to host such exploits if it's a smaller group (about 8 -
> 10)  - f everyone wants to come, maybe we'd better get the Arts Center.  -
> We could possibly do it the following Saturday if people are not going to
> another event immediately following ours.  We're flexible and just love to
> game.
> So, what is your reaction?
>
> In service,
> Capricia