GL - RE: ST - Mundane Announcement

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 5 16:29:45 PDT 2001

>>> How many of you have seen a live or taped performance
>>> of Cirque du Soleil?  Then you know a special kind of
>>> wonder and amazement.

I have seen them live and can confirm, the shows that run during every PBS beg-a-thon can convey only a fraction of the story.

>>> Are you aware that Circue du Soleil has created a feature
>>> length film called "The Journey of Man" currently showing
>>> in Imax theatres around the country?

Yes, and yes.  You might check with the IMAXs in the Metroplex and see if they are planning to get it in the forseeable future.  I believe it was at Science Place for last summer and fall, though, so it might not come back here soon.

For those curious, the website is http://www.spe.sony.com/classics/cirquedusoleil/index.html

The neat thing is that this is a 3-D movie, distributed through Sony Pictures.  (Yes, the same ones doing "A Knight's Tale.")  I've been to a number of 3-D IMAX shows and they are pretty cool.

Unfortunately, on Mother's Day weekend I will be travelling to visit family and cannot join the group.  If the date changes, do post.  I can always see it again, and the people in Northkeep are really cool; you might see if any of them want to join us.

                              ---= Morgan