GL - Persona workshop

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 14:34:48 PST 2001

Wesaþ ge hal!

  I was visited Lavina at work today and we decided I will try to work in a
persona workshop before I head out of town permanently.  I am still working
on what date I will pick, but I would like inform those who might want to
attend what it will be and what it will NOT be.

   I have a preliminary outline from the first class I gave over a year ago,
but I will have to steal it back from Afan.  It cover basic stuff like
addreessing your like cultures one identifies with and how to find what will
make you happy.  It also goes into giving your persona depth such as picking
enemies, religion, and such.  This time I hope to use more of my persona
story as examples so everyone interested can see how to tie events and
places.  If I am really prepared I hope to bring maps, or at least some
rough drawings to provide visual clues.

   What this will not be is a persona giving class which means I will not
just have information to hand over.  I do not mind helping people do their
research but I will not do it for people.  I am not meaning to sound like a
prick.  I have been asked to research peoples personas in the past and was
only taken advantage of.

   I hope the class will point people in the directions they need to follow
to develop a good persona-- something I highly encourage.  The one exception
to doing research is I will barter, research for a trade, because I can
sometimes find stuff others cannot.

   If you have any questions or have specifics you would like to see
covered, please e-mail me privately.

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding forscrunenu hand