GL - Thanks

Scot and Michelle Henry henrycs at ix.netcom.com
Sun Feb 25 21:51:07 PST 2001

Magdalena,
Thanks so much for all your help today.  I know you didn't get to work on
anything you brought, but you did get a tremendous amount accomplished and
we all appreciate it.
Question:  do you think I could do something like your Griffin-wear with the
purple silk as the final short tunic?  I have several shades of purple linen
to work with.  I could possibly do a nice fitted kirtle in the lightest
shade, a bliaut, tunic or cotehardie in a darker shade and then the short
tunic with the silk.  Sound plausible?  Would it fit at all in my period or
be considered general SCA wear?  Any other suggestions?
I was mostly thinking this because if I make the bliaut with extra fabric to
get the gathers then a fitted jacket over that would appear bulky - don't
you think?  Of course, I could always do the bliaut style without the
gathers or just do a simple kirtle with a jacket.  What sounds most
period-like?

Again, thanks for your expertise.  It looks like we're going to have to grow
some more costuming experts before you disappear. ;-)

Capricia