GL - obsession

Susan Carol Tribble susant at unt.edu
Thu Feb 1 13:44:23 PST 2001

A few years ago I was helping my fraternity build a float for the
UNT homecoming parade.  We built a rather large dragon who breathed smoke
and fire.  We built a castle surrounding the dragon.

I kept INSISTING that the felt banners they wanted to hang from the
battlements on the castle were NOT period...one of my fraternity brothers
quickly reminded me that this was NOT the SCA and the felt banners didn't
have to be period....

Just another way to show easily the SCA can overflow into our mundane
lives.  Oh well, when you try to live the dream to the fullest...

Lavina

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Richard Culver wrote:

> >I have been called Ms. Scarlett on several occasions. I doubt there
> >are many of us (who sew) who haven't looked at draperies and
> >thought... Oh, I could make a _____ out of those, and wouldn't it be
> >lovely!!!
> >
> >Don't worry... you are as sane as the rest of us... On second
> >thought... maybe you should worry.
>

>   If you pass through a construction zone and the signs remind you shield
> patterns (or you see your shield), you might be a stick jock.
>
> Cyniric

***ladylavina at email.com***
           or
***susant at unt.edu***