GL - Border Wars Info.. And Update

Centurion Almarr Bjarnklö bjarnklo at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 16:18:21 PST 2001

First....

Lawrence The Rampant will be onsite this weekend.  For those who don't know,
he is the Kingdom Seige Weapons Marshal.  He will be giving a siege weapon
marshall class Friday night at 9 pm.  So if you want to become a siege
weapons marshall and cannot make it next weekend,  Now is the time..

Next...  looks like Thor will not be present.. so far we are expecting
sunny, but some wind around 60 degrees sat and lows into the 40's.

We are also having Archery, Children's Archery and Youth Archery.  A Quest,
Combat Archery competition, Siege Weapon Competition, an evening Bardic and
many other activites.

Also we are having a potluck feast with a day board.

And for those who cannot get to the site for what ever reason are

>From the north
  Coming down Interstate 35E exit Highway 121 and take that south through
Lewisville. Stay on 121 untill right after Grapevine mills Mall and exit
Bass Pro Drive. Turn right on Bass Pro (west) till it dead ends into highway
26, turn left. Goto section 4

>From the south east
Take I-35E North out of downtown Dallas to the 183 split, follow 183. Take
183 west to the 114 split, take 114 to DFW airport north entrance. As you
near the airport watch for 121 North. Take 121 north, here its kinda tricky,
get in the 2nd lane and do not exit at 635 exit BASS PRO DRIVE. Come to stop
light and turn left so you are now going west. Take it till it dead ends
into Highway 26. Go to section 4

>From downtown Ft. Worth
  Take 121/183 out of down town, follow through North richland hills to the
121 split, take 121 to grapevine. Follow around north side of the airport
and stay on 121 going to Lewisville. Exit BASS PRO DRIVE and turn left at
the light. Take it till it dead ends into Highway 26 and turn left. Go to
section 4

SECTION 4
  Take Highway 26 down to (FAIRWAY) the 1st traffic light. Turn right (the
only way). This takes you past the Lake HQ on the right and up and over the
Dam. Follow along and the road turns into Long Prairie road. Take this north
till you come to Heritage Ln, go west (Left). This road goes, makes a right
turn and then take the first left, McPherson Ln. Take McPherson up, it turns
right then back left and the site is on the left a few hundred feet.

Almarr