GL - The Event

Scot and Michelle Henry henrycs at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 29 19:15:19 PST 2001

Had we actually made a decision on those (the sashes)?

I haven't heard if the feathers have been ordered yet or not, so don't be
heartbroken if they cannot be done this A&S.  However, I was wondering about
invitation scrolls.  I know the royals have been asked, but would it be
possible/desirable to send paper invitations as well.  I've heard this is a
typical way to do things.  I'm still experimenting with marbling paper, but
I think my construction paper results are not yet good enough for such
things.  I would however be willing to either design something on the
computer or attempt to help at hand-designing something.  Admittedly, there
are several others that would do a much better job than I if they have time
and are willing.  This may be a better pursuit for this coming Monday.  What
do you artisans and our hard-working autocrat think?

Also, are we going to attempt to finish the bird banner before the event?  I
could work on it here if need be.  Or dedicate a couple of Monday nights at
Lavina's to it.  I think now that it's been made color-by-word, it should go
fairly quickly.  Lavina, will it need two coats or will one be enough?  What
else needs to be done to finish it off once it's painted?  I assume we need
others as well, so I should finish up my pair of griffins.  Do we have poles
to put these banners on since we'll be outside?  If not, how would we go
about making such things?  I should learn that anyway I suppose - anyone
know?

I'm sort of obligated to stay in one place since I'll be running the list,
but depending on how early children's activities start, how late they and
the lists run, I could teach the children some simple dances.  I also have a
hot plate, pitcher for melting wax, a couple of scents and colors, tons of
wicking and some blocks of kitchen wax to make dipped candles.  I'd be
willing to supervise this or lend the materials if the activities will be
near electricity of any kind.  Herries - where did you plan to put these and
are all of your extension cords already in use?

See what happens when everyone is too sick, busy, hurt and tired to come to
dance  - Capricia becomes inquisitive (okay, it probably doesn't hurt that I
haven't slept much this week - I'm teaching my children about the
Renaissance instead of the "regular curriculum" - it's been fun, but
exhausting.  Speaking of which, Lavina or Ceinwen do you have "children's
scrolls" we could have copies of to play, I mean learn, with?   Cynirich,
how about some fun heraldry stuff?  Anyone want to show my class anything
that you do?  I have a future English historian in my midst, I may try to
talk her parents into bringing her to our event.  )

Okay, I'll quit babbling here.  Hope to see you all Monday.  ;-)

Capricia