GL - The Event

Susan Brockington susanb at unt.edu
Fri Mar 30 09:39:49 PST 2001

Here's my 49 cents worth....

Capricia wrote something (snipped) like this...

> I was wondering about invitation scrolls.  I know the royals have been
> asked, but would it be possible/desirable to send paper invitations as
> well.  I've heard this is a typical way to do things.

I personally would love to see invitations go out to Their
Excellencies.  Let me see what I can come up with over the next
week or so.  No promises though.

> Also, are we going to attempt to finish the bird banner before the
> event?  I could work on it here if need be.  Or dedicate a couple of
> Monday nights at Lavina's to it.  I think now that it's been made
> color-by-word, it should go fairly quickly.

I have the banner, but no time to paint on it.  If someone wants to
take it and work on it (or work on it at our house) , that's fine with
me.

>Lavina, will it need two coats or will one be enough?

Definately 2 coats and maybe 3.

>What else needs to be done to finish it off once it's painted?

We need to sew a backing of some sort to it and then decide how
we want to hang it.  I suggest grommets, that way it makes it
easier to hang.

> I assume we need others as well, so I should finish up my pair of
griffins.

If you have time, it would be nice.  The site is pretty primitive, so
not much needs to be covered.

>Do we have poles to put these banners on since we'll be outside?

David and I have TONS of poles that will work.  They just need to
be cut down to size.  Any volunteers?  David won't be able to do
that for awhile.

Regarding the kiddios.  I have proposed to Joan, that we (the
Canton) have our trade mark with/for the kids of the "badge
system".  There is already a system set up in the Kingdom where
the kids can earn badges (like in boy and girl scouts).  I have an
MOC handbook with all of the rules and regulations lined out.  The
badges and the insigna are already set up and in place.  Joan liked
this idea.  We will discuss this further at the A&S night Monday
and at our next meeting.

Anyone agree, disagree?

>Lavina or Ceinwen do you have "children's scrolls" we could have copies
of to play, I mean learn, with?

I don't have any.  You might check with HL Ceinwen.

> Anyone want to show my class anything that you do?

I wouldn't mind teaching Illumination.  What day and time?  I need
to ask my boss to take off.

Always in Service,
Lady Lavina