[Glaslyn] Chivalry

Carolle M Cox hpockets at gte.net
Tue May 29 16:05:48 PDT 2001

Steppes Warlord was a wonderful first for me and mine.  It is the largest
event we've been to so far in our short career with Glaslyn, and we
thoroughly enjoyed every minute we were there. I hope that in years to come
we can make the same awed statements you so eloquently did!

The "easy" answer to a definition of chivalry is to repair to the
dictionary, but somehow i have trouble with doing that.  I have seen acts in
the three events (and several fighter practices) i've been at that i would
insist upon calling chivalrous, "book" definition notwithstanding.  Rather
than write a long boring tome listing those acts, perhaps it would be best
to boil the thing down to what i told my daughter just recently:

"Our people strive to live all that was good and beautiful from the Medieval
age.  They try to be fair - no, more than fair - at all times.  They look
for ways to help those around them and work to be courteous even when
another person may not deserve such treatment"

Carolle