[Glaslyn] Re: [Steppes] Steppes' Fallcourt 2001:

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 08:40:22 PST 2001

Greetings All!

Hopefully many of you were able to experience the Steppes’ event at Camp
Burnett last weekend.  Most recently, the Steward of Steppes’ Fall Court
mentioned my name in special recognition for helping out with the event.
This I felt was a bit over-exaggerated.  I still thank him for that and I am
greatly humbled of his praise.

However, I would like to point out that there was a large group of people
working towards this event.  Some of you may not realize the amount of
preparation involved.  Every Saturday since September, there were
meetings/workdays of the Fall Court Forum, mostly taking place at the home
of Lord Guy Jin and Lady Alienor.  The meetings/workdays that I attended
boasted no less than 20 wonderful people working together, all intent on the
same goal - to really make this a FUN event!  There was a lot of physical
labor involved and the work could not have been done so easily if it hadn’t
been for the location.  Guy Jin and Alienor had lots of space inside for
sewing sessions and meetings as well as a large backyard and workshop for
manufacturing and setting up the props, targets, etc., all of which helped
made Fall Court a success.  We owe a lot to them for letting all of us
invade their home almost every Saturday for two months!

Now, as for the physical, time-consuming efforts, this merry band of workers
gathered materials and built targets, huts, livestock, towers, and target
backdrops.  They brewed and bottled ale, sewed runestone bags, formed,
decorated, fired and glazed runestones and, also, poured and decorated
Thor’s hammers.  Most of these activities were done through a group effort
made possible by members of the forum!  No casualties were involved, but I
know of two incidents (I’m sure there are others and I'd like to hear them):
  1) the “Vesuvius Incident,” and,  2) a bruising blow struck by means of a
bout between mortal and machine – the machine won.  You will have to seek
out these stories yourselves.

My personal efforts were of a non-physical nature, involving suggestions,
some organization and lots of typing.  All I am saying is that the success
of Fall Court is due to the efforts of ALL of the people involved on so many
preparations leading up to the event and that they ALL deserve as much
recognition as can be given them!  Thank you, Lord William, for taking on
this massive effort!  Vivat House Arkham and extended friends for a job well
done!!  It was a lot of fun, guys!!

Gabrielle Honorée de Saint Pierre

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "