[Glaslyn] [Ansteorra-announce] Holiday Parade in Bryan/College Station (Shadowlands)

donhalter at cs.com donhalter at cs.com
Wed Nov 28 09:46:28 PST 2001

Greetings,
Once again, it's that time of year again. Our twin-city annual holiday parade will be this Sunday, Dec 2nd. Those that came out last year...don't worry, Santa has promised better weather for this year! Sorry for the short notice!

This year's theme is "A Storybook Christmas". Our shire is doing Christmas in Camelot. We will have a "float" decorated as a large storybook of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. The local paper has chosen us as a special feature segment and all the local networks will be present as well! Anyone who would like to walk in the parade, please come out. Some of our Kingdom's Equestrian members will be riding in the parade as well. I would like to have several armoured members walking and carrying some spears/banners. My lady and I will be hosting a BBQ at our house directly after the parade. (Please let us know ahead of time if you plan on coming to this.)The parade starts at 2pm this year, but line up is from noon to 1 pm and judging begins at 1pm. The streets will begin to be blocked off shortly thereafter. Below are directions.
***

Make your best way to College Station.

Coming in on HWY 6 from Hempstead direction (Houston): you will stay on 6 and take the HWY 6 bypass (stay in right lane when coming into College Station). Go to the University Dr exit and get off here. You will turn left onto University and take this all the way into town (~2 miles). You will pass Texas Ave and there will be Texas A&M  University on your left and University Tower high-rise dorms on your right. Stay on University Dr, go past Texas Ave and down two blocks. Just past the Kettle, you will see a bunch of dormitories. These are Married Student Housing. Behind these, and visible from University are the fields where you are going. The first "main" road into the dorm parking is where you will turn (Front St., but it's not labeled until you get about twenty feet back into the parking lot). This kind of snakes a little to the right and goes around the dorms and to the fields. If you have a large trailer, you need to go down just past the dorms and turn right onto Moore street. Moore street will take you to the same fields. We will actually be on Nicholas street, which runs between Front and Moore, and we will be at the intersection of Front and Nicholas. For a detailed printable map, go to:
http://www.tamu.edu/map/gifs/campus1.pdf

If coming from north of College station, exit University Dr off of HWY 6 and turn right onto University drive and follow the above directions.

If coming from Huntsville, turn north onto HWY 6 off of HWY 30 and go one exit. This will be University Dr...follow the above.

If coming from Austin on HWY 21: exit HWY 49 to the right just before Bryan. This is labeled Riverside Campus. This will merge into HWY 60 (also known as University Dr). Take University Dr into town. You'll pass South College and Moore St. will be the first turn to your left, just before getting to the dorm buildings.
***

This is you chance to be famous beyond belief! You'll have crowds waiving and cheering you on....children and families will be in awe ( or fear)...

Seriously, though, last year we had a great time despite 40 dgrees and mist. This weekend's weather should be great and all should have a great time. For more info, email (krag at kragaxe.com) or call me or my wife at 979-268-0880.

Yours in Service,
HL Krag von Berghen