[Glaslyn] Possible class idea

Richard Culver rbculver at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:34:50 PDT 2001

Wesaþ ge hal!

   As most of you know I enjoy teaching things and in general running my
mouth.  Not knowing if going back to school will be possible for me after
this term, I want a reason to keep up my studies in language.  With that in
mind, I was looking to see if there might be any really interest in anyone
or any people, in Glaslyn or the surrounding baronial areas (moving back in
January), wanting to take An Old English course?  I am getting a good deal
from my class here as it is.  That in addition to another book I have would
give me the opportunity to teach it at a comprehensible level which even
people with little or limited language knowledge could follow.

   Also I am looking to do a basic Old Germanic language pronouciation class
at some point.  It would be just a day long lesson on learning how to
pronounce names and various words, which could help heralds and those with
earlier personas who might have spoken Old English, Old Frisian, Old Low
Franconian, Old High German, Old Saxon, and Old Norse.  I am not claiming to
be a professor but I have a good-enough-for-SCA-purposes knowledge of the
subject for those interested.

   All this will be in addition to the put-off persona workshop which I
still want to do.

   Anyone interested should let me know.  Once I get back up there it will
help to know how much time I will need from whatever work I find.

Godspeed,
Cyniric hlafard Cyniwarding