[Glaslyn] A&S Changes

Theresa Wyatt teebyrd at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 8 09:42:43 PDT 2001

Greetings Glaslyn and Grieta della Mara,

Carolle M Cox wrote:

> Greetings to the Denizens and Friends of Glaslyn!
>
> Because the weather is now changing as Summer moves towards Winter, we begin
> to experience some difficulties in carrying out our program of Open A&S
> Nights during Fighter Practices on Mondays.
>
> And because the A&S Minister is also a Chirurgeon (right now the only one we
> have, for some odd reason) and would like to continue to serve the Canton in
> this capacity.

 Can we still join the fighters on Monday if the weather is good ?
On a side note, my physical therapy has stop and Dakota misses watching them
and playing with Daniel. I have to get boffers soon. Does anyone know where to
get them ?

> Beginning with September 12, the A&S Night program will take on a different
> face.

> To wit:
> We will meet on Wednesdays at the Visual Arts Center, where the fires are
> stoked to keep us warm, and the candles are not of the smoky variety.  The
> dates through 2001 will be September 12 & 26, October 10 & (maybe) 31,
> November 21, December 12.  from 7:30  to 9:00 p.m.

 The warm fires of Glaslyn very nice. Sounds good.There is one small problem for
any Star trek fans, the new series starts on the 26th.
Perhaps we can talk some gent into taping it for us.

> Most meetings will contain two elements:  An Open A&S Workshop for you to
> work on projects of your own, maybe getting a little advice, help and/or
> kibbitzing from others in attendance, as our Lady Lavina brought into being
> last year.

    I personally enjoyed this when I was able to attend.

> And a second focus on regalia of various types to be presented
> to our Barony and Kingdom upon completion.  If you have no project of your
> own in progress, do come out and help with the regalia.  Many hands make
> light the work. Please bring your 'stuff' and join us.  Sewing machines with
> heavy duty extension cords are also welcome to speed our work.

 Perhaps we can get HL Lavina for illumination and the HL Ceinwen for
calligraphyone night. My maps could use their attention. I have a sewing machine
and extension cords
will bring.

> Bards desiring an appreciative audience before which to practice their craft
> need only advise me of their intent to grace us with their presence!

 Greita, my lady,

I have begun to experiement with Cordials perhaps I could bring them some
night to aid the Bards of the group ? :-)

In Service,

Joan, Iohanna of Caithness