[Glaslyn] Updates and then some. . . . . .

Carolle M Cox hpockets at gte.net
Thu Sep 20 08:45:26 PDT 2001

Greetings denizens and friends of Glaslyn.

Much was discussed and decided at the Canton's Populace meeting last night.
For those unable to be with us, here is a digest:

1.  The new Quest theme, to be presented in November, is Scotland, 1200,
Herald.  The presentations this month were united in one theme - Norway,
1400, MOC was DIFFICULT!  Maybe November's will be more fun. . . .

2.  The voting is in.  A&S Worknights will be Wednesdays not already
scheduled for Business or Populace meetings, at the home of Gerita della
Mara and David ben Leon.  For Trekkies, we'll arrange to have the TV on so
you don't miss your new episodes.  In October we'll be working on Largesse
bags for the Barony and the Canton, and hopefully Boffer weapons and armor
for Fall Court, if Ld. Ironwyrm teaches Gerita how to do this.  Fighters who
have the knack of such things are asked, no, begged, to attend and help us
out. Please call and let me know if you're coming, so i can drag the proper
equipment in the correct amounts downstairs.  972-355-6713.  or 972-523-0921

3.  There will be a Canton Yule Revel in late December.  Come to the next
Business meeting to help finalize plans.

4.  We have themes for Populace meetings for the next three months.  Ready?
    October - Basque History, presented by Ld. Sebastian
    November - Quest for the Flame (Scotland, 1200, Herald)
    December - Names and other Confusions in Heraldry, presented by David
ben Leon

We've also decided that bringing snacks to share is a good idea!  Me for the
spinach dip!

Please contact either Gerita or Lady Lavina to volunteer to present a
Populace theme.  We can use anything you have a passion for - honestly.

5.  What?  Four wasn't enough?  See you all at Elfsea Defender!

Respectfully offered,
Gerita della Mara
A&S Minister, Canton of Glaslyn