[Glaslyn] LW calligraphy class

Sue Rogers wjwakefield at juno.com
Mon Apr 15 22:08:35 PDT 2002

REMINDER:
The next Lindenwood scribal meeting will be Sunday, April 21 at my house
from 1 to 4 pm.  Lady Lete Bithespring will be teaching an introduction
to calligraphy, so come and learn how to do period style lettering.
Please bring any materials you may have.  Lete will be teaching the
basics with an introduction to a Gothic hand.  She will cover lower case
letters and spacing.  Upper case and layout will be covered in a future
calss - probably June.  Variations on this hand were widely used over
several centuries, primarily from about 1200 to the late 1500's, so this
would be suitable for use with a variety of illumination styles.  Lete
has taught calligraphy mundanely for a number of years, and has studied
with many famous scribes, so I'm sure she has lots of good information to
share with us.

If you need directions to my house, please call or email me.  I have
posted them several times lately, and won't clutter up the list unless
you need them again.  Light refreshments might be served. Hope to see
you.

Yours in service,
Suzanna, the Herbalist, LW MOAS
Sue Rogers
2925 Seymour, Dallas, TX. 75229  (Mapsco 23K)  (214) 351-3907