[Glaslyn] SPECIAL EVENT: STEPPES' C & I GUILD MEETING ON ICONOGRAPHY

Martha A. Compton macpob1 at airmail.net
Sun Apr 14 17:16:27 PDT 2002

SPECIAL EVENT:  STEPPES' C & I GUILD MEETING ON ICONOGRAPHY
April 16, 7:30 PM

The Steppes' Calligraphy and Illumination Guild meeting for the month of
April will be held at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 13555
Hillcrest, Dallas, Texas.  (The church is just north of Hillcrest and LBJ.)
We will have a special tour of the fully completed main sanctuary which has
been adorned with gold leaf, painted icons, painted tile and carved stone,
preceded with a lecture on Iconography presented by Mr. Basil Xeros.

Last fall we were shown the chapel and the partially completed main
sanctuary.  Mr. Xeros explained the significance of the figures, their
positions, their hand positions, the colors used, the history of  iconography
and the quality and expertise that has gone into this work. The Holy Trinity
has spared no expense in this endeavor.
Specially trained artisans were flown in from Greece, Russia and France; in
some cases special materials were used in others simple common supplies were
utilized.

We will meet in the parking lot on Hillcrest at 7:15 PM. No garb or cameras,
please.

--
Alis volat propriis - She flies with her own wings.