[Glaslyn] Re: The right SCA group?

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:02:17 PST 2002

Greetings, Don!

Welcome to the Society (the SCA).  You are definitely in the Glaslyn area,
but many attend Steppes events as well.  You may have already figured that
the Barony is the main support group for the cantons of Glaslyn (Denton) and
Lindenwood (mid-cities/West of Dallas) - Irving, Coppell, Grand Prairie,
etc.).  You are welcome to "play" in the Steppes and attend any Baronial
functions you like.  As a matter of fact, many of our practices are held on
the North end of town in the Carrollton area.  Fighter practice is held on
Sunday at Mary Head park on Kelly between Trinity Mills (Bush Turnpike) and
Keller Springs.  You may want to check the Steppes Webpage for times (starts
at 2:00?).  And there is a combined archery practice off of Sandy Lake Road
and I-35E (I believe that takes place on Saturdays) which is run by the
Lindenwood Canton.

You see, you can play with all of our groups.  I have forwarded your email
to the other groups (we all have online group mailing lists) so I am sure
that other hospitalers will get in contact with you. Also, it would not hurt
for you to join those lists.

In the meantime, I am adding you to my newcomers grouplist.  You will be
receiving directions to our upcoming populace/revel gathering that takes
place this Thursday (the 21st).  I hope you can attend as you meet a lot of
members at populace.  It is further south, but it is still a pretty direct
shot down I-35E.  If you can't make that, I invite you to attend our
business meeting in Addison (North of Dallas) at La Madeleine restaurant the
first Tuesday of every month.  The next one is March 5th.  La Madeleine is
located one block East of Beltline Road at the Dallas North tollway.  Take
the Beltline exit off of I-35E and go East until you pass the tollway (about
5 miles?) - it will be on your right past the light at Montfort.  Please let
me know if you plan to attend either one of these so I can meet you there
and introduce you to some of the other members.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Gabrielle
Steppes Hospitaler

" Le Bonheur est une trajectoire et non une destination.
ALORS : Travaille comme si tu n'avais pas besoin d'argent.
Aime comme si jamais personne ne t'avait fait souffrir.
ET Danse comme si personne ne te regardait !! "