[Glaslyn] Vivat for Border Wars

Kellie Hardy khemail at swbell.net
Tue Feb 19 11:07:45 PST 2002

Greetings all,
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our Canton of Lindenwood
for hosting a wonderful Border Wars this past weekend.  There were fun
battle scenarios, games, cattle raids ( and thieving galore!), a very
nice bardic circle, beautiful equestrian games and competitions, a HUGE
archery competition, rapier competitions for adults and youth, and so
much more.  We had a great time, and were grateful for generally good
weather.
We want to give a special great big thank you to Lady Adriana and Lady
Margarite, the event stewards, for their labor in creating such a fun
event.  When they did their thank-yous, the list of people who helped
them was very long, and we wish to add our thanks to all those people as
well.  It really does take a village.....
We held two courts in Their Majesties' behalf (fun ones, I might add),
and we would like to congratulate those who received TRM's accolades
during the weekend:
AoA:   Liadan Bregh
            Jacques the Spink
            Alexis Chambers (who had it long ago, but we forced her to
come out and finally get her scroll)

Comet: Aelfhelm sa Read
            Alexis Chambers
            Colin Crawford

Crane: Adriana Hambleton
            Isolde von Rugen

Star of Merit:  Alasdair Maceogan

We are proud of you, Lindenwood.  Everyone should know that in this, the
second year of this event, Lindenwood more than doubled the attendance
at Border Wars, and had almost half the number of folks to show up as
regularly come to Steppes Warlord!  Huzzah!  Very impressive!
We look forward to seeing all of you at North Texas Irish Festival in
March for the Steppes' biggest demo opportunity, and then throughout the
coming tourney season.  Safe travels to all for Gulf Wars!

In service,

Fritz and Catrin